Welcome to FABC and to our process for discovering who the Lord has in mind to lead us in our mission to bring all people into the joy of a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ. As a courtesy to all interested parties, shown below is our process to get better acquainted and to explore further the opportunity to serve together.
1) Applicant submits both Resume and Cover Letter (RCL) for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Applicant receives an email from Search Committee to acknowledge receipt of RCL.
3) Search Committee prayerfully reviews RCL for qualification and best-fit criteria.
4) Search Committee provides email update on status of candidacy within 10-Days.
1) Search Committee provides Key Topic Questionnaire to further establish best-fit.
2) Qualifying Applicant completes and returns Questionnaire; usually within 7-days.
3) Search Committee prayerfully reviews completed Questionnaire for Candidate Review status.
4) Search Committee informs of decision to advance or end consideration within 10 days of review.
1) Search Committee invites Candidate to initial Candidate Interview via Zoom social platform.
2) Purpose of interview is to (1) get better acquainted and (2) explore further Questionnaire topics.
3) Following interview, both parties indicate interest in either moving forward or parting as friends.
4) If there is mutual agreement to continue, arrangements for in-person meeting(s) will be made.
5) If mutual interests and missional objectives continue to align, and the call to service is unmistakably clear, an invitation in-view-of-a-call will be extended. Further details to be discussed at the appropriate time.
We hope this brief overview provides sufficient guidance and expectation for next steps. Questions are of course welcome throughout the process. We are excited to begin and look forward to learning more!
Senior Pastor Search Committee
Friendly Avenue Baptist Church